Thursday, November 15, 2007

12:03 a.m. meal and 3:45 a.m. Snack


I made half-whole wheat egg noodles last night:


1 cup superfine flour or maida
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 eggs
1 tsp. salt


Make well in 2 cups flour. Put eggs in well. Add salt. Stir until well mixed. Roll out thin, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips, let dry.


I boiled them up tonight in some seasoned chicken stock, threw in some parboiled brocolli and ate that with the homemade beer bread I made a couple of days ago.


A few hours later I was hungry again, so I took a piece of beer bread and toasted it lightly, then spread some pesto on it, very thin, topped it with three big sundried tomatoes, and then topped it all with shards of parmesan cheese. Broiled the lot in a 250 degree oven until the cheese was melted. Heaven.

No comments: